KANSAS CITY, KANSAS
Having an animal in KCK
- All cats and dogs must have a current rabies vaccination and tag.
- All dogs, cats, and Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pigs that are 6 months of age or older must have a valid city license. Licensing your pet is the best way to ensure that your pet gets home if it is ever lost.
- You may apply for a license in person at 3301 Park Drive or on the online licensing page. There are multiple license packages available and your pet must have a current rabies vaccination certificate.
- No more than 3 dogs and 3 cats are allowed in the city limits without a special permit. You may apply for a special permit at Urban Planning and Land Use.
- American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, and any dog which has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly mixed with the above referenced breeds is prohibited from residing within the city limits. Bonner Springs and Edwardsville do not prohibit these breeds.
- Every dog and cat over 6 months of age must be spayed or neutered. Low cost spay and neuter clinics in Kansas City, Kansas:
Surrendering & Reclaiming Animals
When surrendering or reclaiming an animal to Animal Control, you are required to present a valid driver’s license. Animal Control can only receive animals that were found in Wyandotte County.
Dead Animal Disposal: 913-321-1445
Kansas City, Kansas Police Department
700 Minnesota Avenue - Kansas City, KS 66101
©2016 The Kansas City, Kansas Police Department, all rights reserved