Eligibility & Benefits
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kansas, pays 100% of the employee's medical and dental premiums.
If the employee has accumulated 47 hours credit towards an Associate Degree, the employee receives an additional $50.00 per month.
If the employee has received a:
- Associates Degree - $100 per month
- B.A. or B.S. Degree - $125 per month
- M.A. or M.S. Degree - $155 per month
- After 1 year 15 working days
- Over 5 years - 20 working days
- Over 11 years - 25 working days
- Over 19 years - 30 working days
11 paid holidays per year
$3,368.10 per month effective January 1, 2011
Effective January 1, 2011:
- 5 years - $46.03 per month
- 8 years - $73.71 per month
- 12 years - $101.32 per month
- 16 years - $140.45 per month
Kansas Police and Firefighters Retirement System (KP&F). The Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kansas contributes 13.05% towards the employee's pension and 14.5% towards Medicare.
Kansas City Kansas Police Department - Monthly Pay Scale
If you live outside the Kansas City Metropolitan area you may:
1. MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO PERSONNEL AT:
Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas
701 North Seventh Street
Kansas City, Kansas 66101-3064
2. MAIL COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
DD-214, long form (if applicant has prior military service)
Valid Driver's License or Certified State Pictured ID
3. WHEN YOU COME FOR THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION BRING YOUR ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED COPY OF:
a. Birth Certificate
b. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
c. DD-214, long form (if applicant has prior military service)
4. BRING WITH YOU YOUR:
d. Valid Driver's License or Certified State Pictured ID.
5. WHILE YOU ARE HERE IN KANSAS CITY, KANSAS FOR THE WRITTEN TEST:
e. You will be fingerprinted.
f. Copies will be taken of your Original or certified copy documents
The City of Kansas City, Kansas is not taking applications for positions in the Police Departments at this time. If you are interested in a law enforcement career, fill out this pre-application form and you will be contacted when applications are being accepted. Pre-application forms will be kept on file until the conclusion of the next available recruitment drive. Applications can be obtained from the Kansas City, Kansas Human Resources Office (913) 573-5660 when the Department is actively recruiting or click here for a printable Officer Pre-Application Contact Form.