Phone In A Report
- Provide members of the community with an alternative police service;
- Relieve patrol officers of on-scene report writing for non-emergency calls; and
- Provide the community and Department with professional, quality customer service.
- Reflect a professional image and abide by standards set by the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department.
- Maintain a professional manner of conduct, as a police officer in the field.
- Maintain a comprehensive training program for Teleserve Officer to ensure quality service.
Provides a police reporting service to incidents that have occurred in the KANSAS CITY, KANSAS; this does not include Edwardsville and Bonner Springs who have their own police departments.
Under normal circumstances the Teleserve Officers are authorized and trained to take the following offense reports by telephone: (Certain instances may warrant that an actual Officer may need to complete the report)
- Burglary to Motor Vehicle
- Criminal Damage
- Telephone Harassment
- Theft of Services and Shoplifting
To contact the Teleserve Unit about the incidents listed above, information and referral services, or questions about police services call: (913) 573-8680.
Incidents where there is NO immediate threat to life, on one was injured in the incident, the incident is not in progress, the offender is not in the immediate area, and the incident does not involve a major loss or damage of property can be handled by the Teleserve Unit.
Situations that are an immediate threat to life, bodily injury or major property damage or loss should be handled by dispatch (911).